Sunday, March 7, 2010

Dog park

Ha, so once again attempted to take my lil' runt of a pup to the dog park close by and also fit a run in.  She was a little better this time.  She did sniff other dogs, but wont let them sniff her.  She wandered off slightly more than just staying by my side.  One day she'll make friends. Though I do feel bad, she is in an awkward size some puppies are bigger than her and the toy dogs are just too small :( I think she is some sort of hound mix??? No one knows who her mom or dad are.  Her and her brothers were abandoned by mom and on top of it they wouldn't let her eat. Sad.
 So also tried to run, atleast three miles for an easy day. FAIL.  the boy can run and so had to stop like every 1/2 mile but we did make sure i got three miles in even if part of it was walking.  But it really put me in a bad mood because there was a young girl running at least I know she did 3 miles.  I felt like a fraud! I really wish I had a running partner here.  My friend at work we do want to run more during or after work together she knows I have no one else to run with, though she has her fiance who works out with her and her friends here (she has been here almost a year longer than me)  Kinda of funny most of my friends here are not from the Low Country they are all from the north like me! Only boy is from here and don't always get along lol.
 I have less than a week until the Flowertown race and I am scared to even finish a 5k!!!!!!  Need some real encouraging words, I know I have ran this race a bunch of times, Even in my training days I run more than 3 miles.....
 Anywho! I take sundays of as my day I don't want to leave the house besides church day.  Which (on a side note) Preacher mentioned sex and made us all (500+) make paper airplanes to through.  :)
Have a great sunny sunday!!!  

No comments: