Tuesday, November 16, 2010

20 miles of bliss

This past Saturday was my first attempt at 20 miles. It was kind of stoopid, considering I have been slacking off for a week. I ran Thursday (5 miles), and then Friday 9 miles. They were uneventful. Just attacked by 12 year old boys with pellet guns…







So I prepare for my long run. I had gone to DICK’S to get more GU’s I bought Chocolate Outrage, TriBerry, and Cliff’s Razz something. At home I still had a Strawberry banana GU.






I woke up early Saturday, thanks to my puppy Rain. She decided I should be up at 3 A.M. to take her out then woke me up at 7. So I got up, slowly ate my breakfast of old fashion oats with banana and cinnamon. About 8 O’clock I was ready to go!






I layered up, tights on, sleeveless running shirt with a long sleeve over it. I put 1 GU in my tiny pocket of my tights with my iPOD then my other GU’s in the sports bra (front). Ha-ha you’ll find out how that ended up in the end.






I head out, it was great running weather. Honestly my run was not that exciting. I ran 17.72ish miles from my apartment to a bike path and the 6.75 miles to the end of it then back home. Every hour I fueled.






Strawberry banana GU- Love it!






Cliff Razz- Love it, tasted like warm push pops






So I must just not enjoy the Lemon Sublime or what ever that one I had the other week.






I was beginning to hurt after or around mile 18. I was slowing down, I was aching, my gait was not normal; I couldn’t get my body to do what I wanted. Also at the 2 hour mark I took off my long sleeve. I put body glide on the sports bra area but not the armpit area. The last four miles I got pure rubbing but only on one arm. My right side.






By time I made it back to my parking lot I wanted to cry, actually I think I was in tears: pain and accomplishment. I sipped some water and kept going I had 2 miles left. I painstakingly made a mile then had to stop, I do not want to be dumb and injure myself this late in the game.






Ice bath, hot shower, protein shake then look over the damage to the body.






First: my right pinky toe (something is up with my whole right side of my body only side that is ever damaged) my WHOLE pinky toe was a blister….shoe problem. Need to go a size up.






Second: Remember where I stored two of my GU’s??? Yeah bad idea, the two girls were badly hurt!! Deep scratches…I am dumb lol… Find a better location..






Over all I am proud of what I can accomplish and how well my body is doing. This is the first time I am sore and it is from my week of slacking on the running until the last minute. My right quad I sore still but it teaches me that if I want to be strong I need to keep going no matter how much I just want to sit on the couch.






Like Monday night I did not really want to run due to just being tired I had 9 to do, but did 5, so today I will do 4 plus some XT.














No comments: